.

.

Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Prelude

Anyone who knows me, knows that I was the perpetually single girl.

My first boyfriend ever was in the 6th grade, (Hi Pete!), and I remember the first time he kissed me, after he walked me to my bus, I felt like I was going to get in trouble....I was in the 6th grade for christ sakes...what am I doing kissing a boy!!

Never dated really anyone for a while after the bus debauchery! High school, I was busy playing sports and joining clubs...and for my junior and senior proms, I went with great friends both years (Hi Jeremy & Eric!).

College was soooooo much fun...I loved college, loved my friends, loved the town...loved it all. I had a brief boyfriend during the summer between sophomore and junior year (we met while working at a summer camp) that lasted for a bit into fall semester of junior year, but eventually faded out when the jerk didn't call for like a week...so that was that..buh-bye!

Cut to newly graduated Kylie with a great job working for Cornell, and living in her very first apartment. (woo hoo for me!)

I date:
Stephen (cheated on me when he went out with his friends one night)
Joey (found out later he was married!)
Todd (lied to me about his age)

The comes Anthony, we dated for two years, he also cheated and ended bad!

After leaving Anthony, I was single for 3 years . Unlike a lot of people, I was ok being single, I'm not like most women who need to have a boyfriend. Don't' get me wrong...I'd love to have one, but I'd rather be single and happy, than in the wrong relationship.

The one thing that I always had going for me, was my confidence, and none of those old boyfriends could take that from me.

"Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe" -Aunt Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment