.

.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wedding Day Perfection!

After a 2 month hiatus, I'm back!


The week leading up to the wedding was cold, windy & rainy here in Northern, NY. My ever-so-calm nerves gave way to a few (or a lot) of bride-zilla moments. I'm glad that I am only getting married once-boy was I a crab! Special thanks goes out to my new hubbz who took the brunt of my crabbiness and took it in a stride.


I woke up the morning of the wedding, loaded up the pups and took them to the kennel. As I dropped them off and pulled away, I cried like a baby!...I blame it on lack of sleep. I quickly recovered as I realized that this is my wedding day and the weather was beautiful! Sunny and about 65 degrees!


I made it up to Mom and Dads by 10 am and with the help of my mom and sisters, began taking all the goods out to the reception tent. Hunter was such a great help, he loaded up the trailer on his little 4 wheeler many times and was driving back and forth bringing all the supplies.


The lovely and talented Natalie Hickey came to the house and did all of our hair. I have seriously never seen more beautiful wedding hair on anyone-she is amazing! As Nat was doing our hair, Chris from Static Moments was taking lots of great pics! Once we were all set and ready to go...we began taking the photos ( we decided to take the pics before the wedding, a decision that turned out to be a great plan). We did some shots at Mom & Dad's and then traveled to the 3rd bridge to do the rest. Once that was done, we headed to the ceremony.


I began walked down the aisle, and I LOST IT! It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was FINE all day, not a hint of wedding tears, and I even kissed Double J right before he walked up to the alter. It was very overwhelming (in a good way) to have everyone that loves and supports us all in one place to witness me marrying the man I love. I proceeded to cry and laugh, and laugh and cry throughout the ceremony. It was a hoot to say the least.


Off to the reception we went, and since we took the photos before the ceremony, there was no lag time between the events. Everything "they" say about your wedding day is true- it goes by super quick, and you don't get to eat! We danced the night away, and couldn't have imagined a better wedding reception. The tent was beautiful, and I felt blessed all night long. Thank you to everyone who made our day so special!

No comments:

Post a Comment